Vladimir A. Kulchitsky, Vladimir I. Potkin, Yuri S. Zubenko
Cytotoxic Effects of Chemotherapeutic Drugs and Heterocyclic Compounds at Application on the Cells of Primary Culture of Neuroephitelium Tumors
Авторефераты диссертационных работ
A. V. Bil’dyukevich, N. G. Semenkevich, S. A. Pratsenko and I. L. Zharkevich
The influence of the porofor type on the transport properties of polysulfone membranes
Ryazantsev D. Y. , Kvach M. V., Tsybulsky D. A., Prokhorenko I. A., Stepanova I. A., Martynenko Y. V., Gontarev S. V., Shmanai V. V., Zavriev S. K., Korshun V. A.
Design of molecular beacons: 3′ couple quenchers improve fluorogenic properties of a probe in real-time PCR assay
Vladimir I. Potkin, Sergey K. Petkevich, Alexander S. Lyakhov, Ludmila S. Ivashkevich.
Mononuclear heterocyclic rearrangement of 5-arylisoxazole-3-hydroxamic acids into 3,4-substituted 1,2,5-oxadiazoles
LABORATORY OF ION EXCHANGE AND SORPTION
Tel/fax: (375 17) 284-23-38, e-mail: email@example.com
Founded in 1966 at the Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry;
from 1981 transferred to the Institute of Physical Organic Chemistry.
Head of the laboratory – Academician, Dr.Sci. (Chemistry), Professor, Honoured Scientist of the Republic of Belarus and Academician of the European Academy of Sciences and Art
Vladimir S. Soldatov
Laboratory staff of ion exchange and sorption
Main areas of fundamental research:
- theory of ion exchange and its applications for syntheses of new sorbents with predetermined properties and optimization of ion exchange processes;
- study of mass transfer processes during the contact of ion exchange fibres with air-gas systems;
- development of scientific basis and technological principles for making new fibrous materials for the extraction of ion microelements from water and gas systems;
- study of ion exchange processes in the systems ion exchanger - solution - plant root;
- computer simulation of complex ion exchange systems using methods of quantum chemistry and molecular mechanics.
Applied research and developments:
- sorption-catalyst systems based on ion fibers and gas purification devices using them to remove weak dissociative and nonionic impurities from air;
- new fiber materials for purification of drinkable water;
- highly effective filtering devices using fibrous ion exchangers for cleaning ventilation emissions from industrial and agricultural enterprises;
- development of new polymeric catalysts, sorbents and ion exchangers, generating new knowledge about their physicochemical properties using experimental work and methods of quantum-chemical modeling; development of equipment using polymeric catalysts and ion exchangers for treatment of technological environments of different origin;
- development of new formulations of ion exchange nutrient media; scientifically grounded application extension of ion exchange materials of artificial and natural origin: agricultural biotechnologies (obtaining of planting material of elite plants from cell and tissue cultures, caluse tissue culture, cloning of crops).
- new theoretical approach to the assessment of acid-base properties of ion exchangers and polyampholytes; mathematical model and computer programs for evaluation of acidity parameters of each type of functional groups present in the ion exchanger;
- new theoretical model for description of absorption of water vapor and its application to predict the sorption capacity of ion exchangers in the absorption of basic nature substances from air;
- new facilities of filtration and contact type that use fibrous ion exchangers for air purification from toxic gases and vapors;
- lightweight respirators and special clothing for human protection from acidic and basic gases, vapors and aerosols;
- ion exchange substrates biona for agricultural biotechnology and high-yield plant growing;
- composite fiber sorbents for purification of drinking water from impurities of silver and arsenic;
- • composite fiber sorbents for purification of the air from hydrogen sulfide, formaldehyde, nitrogen oxides, ammonia and amines.
Perspective area of research and developments:
- synthesis, study of the properties and search for new applications of polymeric ion exchangers;
- production technology of ion exchange substrates of different composition;
- synthesis and study of materials and hardware for air purification from toxic compounds, viruses and bacteria;
- quantum-chemical modeling of sorption of toxic components in different ion exchangers, calculations of thermodynamic characteristics of sorption processes.
The research on a number of earlier started at the Laboratory of Ion Exchange and Sorption directions nowadays are successfully developing newly formed structural units of the Institute:
- Department of Medical Substances (liquid ion exchange extractants and new technologies of biotechnological production of aminoacids);
- Laboratory of Membrane Processes (syntheses of polymeric micro- and ultrafiltration membranes);
- Laboratory of Syntheses and Investigation of Ion Exchange Fibers (synthesis of new ion exchange fibers and pilot production of ion exchange fibrous materials).